2012 Brevet Series
A schedule of randonneuring events for 2012.
The DBC 2012 Brevet Series is a training program to prepare riders for the longer distance events offered to randonneurs around the world. Our reputation for successful preparation of riders is legendary. Our brevets are designed for cyclists experienced in riding 100+ mile events and looking for longer distance challenges, and joining the ranks of those who've completed Paris-Brest-Paris or other "grand randonnees" of 1200km or longer.
We are offering an expanded set of brevets this 2012 season. In addition to the traditional Spring Brevet Series of four increasingly longer cycling distances, we have added new early season rides and others at the end of the year.
- 200km Last Chance RUSA brevet (Sat, December 31, 2011)
- 200km First Chance ACP brevet (Sun, January 1, 2012)
- 200km ACP brevet (Sat, March 3rd, 2012)
- 300km ACP brevet (Sat, March 17th, 2012)
- 400km ACP brevet (Sat-Sun, April 14-15, 2012)
- 600km ACP brevet (Fri-Sun, May 4-6, 2012)
- 100km RUSA populaire (September 15, 2012)
- 200km ACP brevet (September 15, 2012)
- RUSA Dart (November 17, 2012)
- 200km Last Chance ACP brevet (Monday, December 31, 2012)
- 200km First Chance ACP brevet (Tuesday, January 1, 2013)
- 2012 Brevet application and release forms
- 2012 DBC Brevet results (pdf)
The DBC brevets can be used as qualifiers for 1200km rides in the United States in 2012. See the complete listing at http://www.rusa.org. The brevets can also be used toward qualifying for the 2011-12 RUSA Super Randonneur award and the Randonneur 5000 award.
For the core spring brevet series (200k, 300k, 400k, and 600k), rider control/time stations (similar to century-ride rest stops) are 30-65 miles apart and will be stocked with basic foods and beverages as part of the entry fee. Lee Mitchell and other well-known DBC volunteers will provide course monitoring. In keeping with the randonneur spirit of self-sufficiency, sag support for DNF'ers may be minimal, so come prepared to finish and don't plan on giving up easily!
Other brevets early or late in the year are unsupported.
For more information about the many brevets being run throughout Northern and Central California, RUSA (Randonneurs USA) has a Rides section that sorts dates, distances, and locations for other brevet series in the region.