Information for Riders
Information you should know before joining a Davis Bike Club ride
- Helmets are required on all Davis Bike Club rides.
- Most club rides begin at Starbucks (2038 Lyndell Terrace, east of Sutter Davis Hospital). Rides that do not start at Starbucks are marked by an asterisk (*) in the Online Ride Calendar. Start locations other than Starbucks will be noted in the ride description.
- Rain will cancel most rides unless otherwise noted in the ride description. If in doubt, contact the ride leader.
- Announced ride time is the time at which the ride departs. Come early to prep your bike, get maps and/or pre-ride instructions.
- All riders should carry the basic tools and spares to make minor repairs/adjustments on the road, and have the know-how to change a punctured tube.
All rides are classified by difficulty level based on the terrain and pace of the ride. Pace is based on level ground with no wind.
- T1 – Flat (Davis to Winters, Esparto, Woodland, Sacramento)
- T2 – Rolling (Lake Solano, Pleasants Valley)
- T3 – Moderate Climbs (Gibson Canyon, Steiger Canyon)
- T4 – Steeper Climbs (Cantelow, Cardiac)
- T5 – Steep, Sustained Climbs (Mix Canyon, Cobb Mountain)
Pace/Speed (designated as "P1" - "P6")
- P1 - Leisurely (< 10 mph). For families, children; group stays together.
- P2 - Tourist (9-12 mph). Stops as needed; waits for stragglers.
- P3 - Moderate (12-16 mph). Solid riders; regroups every 45 min.
- P4 - Brisk (16-18 mph). Experienced; no obligation to wait.
- P5 - Fast (19-21 mph). Strong riders; few stops; no obligation to wait.
- P6 - Strenuous (21 mph & faster). Very strong riders.